Thursday, September 17, 2026

A Blue Streak, Chapter Two, Special Features

 Chapter Two


References:
*The fight scene with Proxy taking on the animals is a nod to the battle from Lady and the Tramp. Like Tramp from that film, Proxy bites and kicks her opponents down. She's just slightly more eager to fight than Tramp is. 

*The BLoSC universe seems bigger than anticipated. The planet Mechano 2 comes from the edutainment video game, Disney/Pixar Learning 2nd and 3rd Grade

*"...t
he occasional canes topped with preserved iceskeeters frozen in amber..." are not in style, but the line is a nod to John Hammond's cane from the Jurassic Park film adaptations. 

*
"As long as she doesn't think about wanting my arm for a chew toy, I guess we can check up on ol' Fangface." No need to, XR. Fangface - from the house of Ruby-Spears Productions - is doing fine. 

*I wasn't initially going for a homage to the Mach Five from Speed Racer, but when I wrote that line, I just had to have it in! 

*Little Miss Sneak isn't a real character, but she was a nickname inspired by the characters of the Mr. Men series.



General:
*As far as I can see in all of the episodes, we've never seen what stratoshrikes look like so I used the in-canon name for an in-canon creature. 

*The Endless is part of my interpretation for how I see BLoSC's own reference to the afterlife. It will come into play later. 

*Proxy taking on the animals is another moment I wrote to characterize her love for fighting and her bravery. The odds may be stacked against her, but she's not one to care about those odds. Ozma trusts Proxy enough to do her job and to paraphrase Ozma, 'she's an animal fighting other animals' . She's not going to interfere unless she has to, as she does later in the chapter. 

*I stole and reused a lot of Rentwhistle's dialogue from "The Beasts of Karn", but as he was talking to Ty who wasn't even there in the first place, I consider myself excused for this haha.  

*Buzz's bola coming from the insignia armor spot in his uniform was seen in "Enemy Without a Face". As we've never seen him use it for anything else, I'm headcanoning that's what he mainly uses it for.

*There is a bit of a horse comparison to Proxy - she's stubborn and semi-wild like a horse, but she can be tamed in the right way. Ty holding her back and Ozma berating her is symbolic of this note. 

*The Star Guard isn't a real group, but I'm giving them to a group of officers on the show. We only see them in the episode, "Lone Wolf". They wear the Star Command colors, except they're dressed like characters from the show CHiPs . They were never identified in the episode, hence the name. 

*Buzz and Mira got a chance to shine in this chapter by using their respective skills: Buzz with his wits and Mira with her ghosting powers. Even though Ty is a main focus in this story, I do plan on giving everyone on Team Lightyear their own chances in the spotlight. I know I didn't have to include in TL in this story, but as this is the first story to the BLoSC side of UPC, they are crucial to include in. And they are the main characters in the original canon in question, so yes. 


Random Facts:
*None.

Wanderer out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Blue Streak, Chapter Two, Special Features

  Chapter Two References: *The fight scene with Proxy taking on the animals is a nod to the battle from Lady and the Tramp. Like Tramp from ...