This post is kind of a special one - I'm dedicating it to Tim Curry, who recently departed from this plane of existence. The film I'm focusing on starred him, and I can tell he had an absolute ball in his performance. And so, I say: for you, Mr. Curry, and thank you for all the laughs. 🙏
As always, spoilers abound.
Clue (1985): A famous board game calls for a film adaptation, and this film did not disappoint. I never played the game, but I do know its premise, and this film helped me to understand more of the game's mythology. Tim Curry, in particular, pulls off his role well; he's charming and enthusiastic, but he also carries a strong sadistic edge. Everyone else does a good job too - all have secrets to hide and it's fun to watch everything unravel. The humor was hit and miss in some places, but the film makes up for it with keeping you on your toes.
Enjoy.
Wanderer out.
No comments:
Post a Comment