Wednesday, August 5, 2026

Need help with uploading on FF.Net?

 I'm not trying to sound like an informerical, I promise. 

But in all seriousness, as FF.Net seems to be....experiencing a long stream of technical difficulties, some features are not working as well anymore, such as uploading new documents to the site. No matter which document form one chooses (like .doc, .docx, .html, and so on) the site can't seem to process any of them. Well, I may not be able to offer technological solutions to every problem that crops up there, but this one is different: through research and browsing Ff.Net for support from other writers, I have discovered one way to bypass the bugs and upload new documents with little to no incidents.

I do have a disclaimer though - if you're a new writer hoping to post your first story on the site and you come across this error, this might not work for you. I'll try to find other solutions for newer folks, but in the meantime, for regulars on the site, this is for you.

  • Step One) Go to 'Manage Stories' .
  • Step Two) Click on a published story 
  • Step Three) Click on 'Contents/Chapters'
  • Step Four) No matter if it's a one-shot or a chapter, click on 'Export'. 
  • Step Five) Now you have a new document that will say, 'Export: Insert Title Here'. You're free to edit it as much as you want. BUT - whatever you do, do NOT delete the document. If you do, you won't get it back and you can export a story chapter or one-shot only once. You can't export a story multiple times. 
  • Step Six) Once done editing, you can select it if you're posting a one-shot or new chapter update. 

    And 
    voilà! You have uploaded new tales to your page. Hope this helps! :)

    Wanderer out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Blue Streak, Chapter Two, Special Features

  Chapter Two References: *The fight scene with Proxy taking on the animals is a nod to the battle from Lady and the Tramp. Like Tramp from ...